ASK GOVERNOR PAT MCCRORY TO STAND FOR LIFE AND SUPPORT HB 465!
NC Family Staff | June 1, 2015 | SHARE:
A major pro-life bill that will empower women to make more informed choices about abortion and increase the safety standards for abortion clinics in North Carolina has passed the General Assembly and is on its way to Governor Pat McCrory for his signature!
Please contact Governor Pat McCrory TODAY at 919.814.2050, and ask him to sign HB 465-Women and Children’s Protection Act of 2015 into law!
House Bill 465 includes provisions that would:
- Extend the informed consent waiting period for abortion in North Carolina from 24 to 72 hours;
- Require DHHS to conduct annual inspections of abortion clinics and publish the results and findings of these inspections on the Department’s website;
- Enhance the information abortionists have to report to the Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) when they conduct an abortion after the 16th week of pregnancy;
- Prohibit abortion clinics from employing individuals less than 18 years of age;
- Require physicians who perform abortions, except in cases of a medical emergency, to be certified, or eligible to be certified, in obstetrics or gynecology or have significant training in this area;
- Create a Maternal Mortality Review Committee within DHHS to study and recommend ways to prevent maternal deaths resulting from complications during pregnancy or childbirth;
- Expand the scope of the state’s statutory rape law;
- Make administrative changes to the state’s child support laws;
- Permit electronic filing of domestic violence protective orders and civil no-contact orders; and
- Make other changes.
PLEASE CONTACT GOVERNOR PAT MCCRORY AT 919.814.2050 AND ASK HIM TO STAND FOR LIFE AND SIGN HOUSE BILL 465 INTO LAW!