Contact Your U.S. Representative NOW! Oppose The So-Called “Equality Act”
NC Family Staff | May 16, 2019 | SHARE:
The U.S. House of Representatives is scheduled to vote TODAY or TOMORROW on H.R. 5, the so-called federal “Equality Act.” Please visit NC Family’s Action Center to urge your U.S. House member to oppose this bill!
As NC Family informed you recently, the Equality Act is far from a bill about true “equality.” By giving “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” legally protected status in federal civil rights laws (placing these categories on the same level as race, age, sex, and national origin), H.R. 5 would (under the guise of establishing “equality”) elevate the sexual behaviors and self-determined “gender identity” of a select group of people to a heightened legal protected status, while punishing those who may disagree.
If you have not already done so, please contact your U.S. House member through NC Family’s Action Center and strongly urge him or her to oppose this incredibly harmful and discriminatory legislation!
The Equality Act violates privacy rights and impacts parental rights, school curriculum, ministries, and faith-based nonprofits, just to name a few. Passing H.R. 5 would lead to the following:
- Parents will lose their fundamental right to direct the upbringing and education of their children;
- Parents could have their children taken away if they object to dangerous and experimental “gender transition” surgeries;
- Schools will be forced to embrace and teach harmful sexual behaviors;
- The privacy and safety of women and girls in public bathrooms, locker rooms, and changing facilities will be at risk as men who self-identify as women gain free entry to those intimate public spaces;
- Female athletes will be forced to compete against males who identify as women;
- Female students could be forced to room with male students who identify as female;
- Faith-based educational institutions could lose federal funding and student financial aid for maintaining a Biblically-based statement of faith;
- Business owners may be forced to pay for “gender transition” medical coverage for employees;Faith-based foster care and adoption agencies will be forced to close if they only place children in homes with a married father and mother;
- Doctors will be forced to provide gender transition hormones and even sex-change operations, even if they object on moral or religious grounds;
- Counselors will be forced to provide therapy that affirms same-sex attraction, high risk sexual behaviors, and gender confusion;
- Counselors and parents will also be banned from helping young people resist unwanted same-sex attraction.
Don’t let big government invade everyone’s privacy and attempt to force compliance with a radical, far-left agenda! Please visit NC Family’s Action Center NOW to contact your U.S. Representative and ask him or her to OPPOSE H.R. 5!